Friday 12 December 2008

Manhunter website



Manhunter is probably my least favourite of Mann's films, despite it being typically brilliant in style, acting and directing. I am not betraying Michael Mann in saying this - I thoroughly appreciate the usual nuance and visual complexity that is brought to this film. However, I always struggle with content that includes horrific abuse. It makes me extremely uncomfortable, which is what movies are about - shifting or at least challenging your boundaries and thinking. I can watch it, but I prefer not to dwell on it or "love it". Nevertheless, I cannot overlook it on this blog, nor do I want to. It is again, an exceptional work of art that in my view is far more sophisticated than Silence of the Lambs, which was more Hollywood box office stuff.

If you are a Manhunter fan or want to find more out about this film, then you can't find a better place to visit than www.manhunter.net

No comments: