Wednesday 7 December 2011

The HBO December Luck Train is Coming Very Soon

It is all "Luck" at the moment, as preparations hot up for the greatly anticipated Premier episode taster due on Dec. 11, at 10:00 p.m., following the season 2 finale of Boardwalk Empire. Being a UK resident, I won't be seeing it (Doesn't come to us Brits until February). Now, if I was an entertainment magazine staff writer I may well be receiving the full nine-episode season to review, according to Stuart Levine at Variety. Click here for all the details. We will shortly be reading a lot of exclusives and seeing newly released promotional images in all those glossies.

The official series debut Sunday, Jan 29 with the remainder of the 9-episode season debuting on subsequent Sundays.

I am hearing rumblings that John Ortiz is superb in it. I loved his convincing role in Miami Vice, and he maximised his quirky role in Public Enemies too. I predict some serious awards will be coming Luck's way, and it would be fitting for John Ortiz to finally get wider recognition. Of course, Dustin Hoffman will receive the most attention, and all in all, I think Luck will become the pinnacle of modern day TV achievement. Quite a statement. Hope I am right. But being in the UK, I won't know until February, when it first airs on this side of the Atlantic.

I guess all the exclusives appearing out there will drown out this blog. I will bow out gracefully. With Luck to now enjoy, we can also be sure Michael Mann will not have had his feet up. Let's see what else pops up on his horizon... remember all that talk about Agincourt, Robert Capa and so on?