Monday 16 February 2009

California Test Screening Reviews of Public Enemies

Best Movies 2008 has quoted a number of new test screening reviews of Public Enemies. The blog starts:

Michael Mann’s Public Enemies was test screened on Thursday night in Sherman Oaks, CA. It was a blind screening, which means that they didn’t give the name of the film when soliciting for moviegoers. A bunch of reviews have been floating around the message boards. You can read five reviews after the jump.

The first review comes from MovieTVWatcher:

Last night I attended a screening of Public Enemies in Sherman Oaks, CA. I have to say that I was really, really excited to see it and I had great expectations to see it. Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Michael Mann and Marion Cotillard? I couldn’t wait. I arrived at the theatre almost 2 hrs before it started so I was guaranteed to get in. By the time the movie started, there were about 400 people and many did not get in. Michael Mann was there as well and I sat two rows behind him. So what did I think? I was very mixed about it. As soon as the movie ended I couldn’t tell if I liked it or not.

Anyways, let’s start with the good:

Johnny Depp WAS John Dillinger. It was an amazing performance and he is going to be considered at the Oscars next year. He was one of the few reasons that the movie didn’t fail. He wasn’t too over the top but he was very believable. I really thought this was one of his best.

Marion Cotillard was excellent as well. She and Depp had believable chemistry but I couldn’t tell what her accent was supposed to be. Some words didn’t have any accents at all while others sounded like her normal speaking voice. I will have to say that by the she surprised me very much. She has the final scene in the movie and it ended well. (I will say that she surprised me even more because I thought she wasn’t *THAT GREAT* in La Vie En Rose–Nom? Yes. Oscar win for that movie? No.)

Read more by clicking here

No comments: